When you start Super Mega Baseball 3 you are not in for much of a treat. The menu is bland and the music is overbearing, do not let this turn you off. Super Mega Baseball 3 is one of the best sports games I have ever played, but not for the reasons you might think. Currently, Super Mega Baseball 3 is on gamepass and if you’re a fan of sports I highly suggest giving it a try.
Game Modes for Days!
You truly have your choice in Super Mega Baseball 3.
- Quick Play
- You will be able to play an exhibition or practice match in a local or online party.
- Pennant Race
- In Pennant Race, you are competing for the best record in a division over a timed period. In this game mode, you can rise through the global rankings.
- The new online leagues
- Here you can play multiple seasons against friends in a cross-platform online competition: This has standard and custom teams available.
- You can play through a standard or custom franchise.
- This is one of my favorite franchise modes in any sports game to date.
- You can play a full season in standard or custom mode.
- In elimination, you are working to knock out opponents and come out on top! This mode is a lot of fun as well.
You will be able to customize your teams and leagues to fit your play style. Custom teams can be used across a variety of different game modes: The customization options are fine and surpassed my expectations.
The gameplay of Super Mega Baseball 3 is straightforward and only has a couple of changes built-in. Some characters have a unique attribute that changes how they function or gives them a special bonus: Most of the time I ignored this feature because it did not seem to make a difference either way.
Super Mega Baseball 3 is a smooth experience and runs perfectly fine on the Xbox Series S. I did not notice any framerate drops and my experiences have been completely pleasant. Although the gameplay loop follows a typical baseball game the bonus game modes give this game a leg up.
Super Mega Baseball 3 is a fine baseball game that offers hours of entertainment for local and online play. The art style might not appeal to everyone, this is not a baseball simulator. If you’re looking for a fun sports game to kill time with, I highly recommend this one. Super Mega Baseball scores a 7/10, as of the time of writing this article you can try it if you have Gamepass!